Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Dream


This is the dream- or at least a small representation of it (It's actually a picture of a dish cloth I knit and some of my husband's cookies fresh out of the oven). 
I dream of someday owning a little yarn store with an attached bakery/café. I would run the yarn store part and my husband would bake and run the café. He’s a really good baker. Seriously, the only reason I’m not obese is because of my genetic makeup (thanks Mom and Dad).
Here is my vision:
I would love for my yarn store to have all the yarn you expect to find in a yarn store but also have a whole section of local handspun and hand-dyed. And the café would be a cozy little place where you can knit and enjoy some homemade cookies, muffins, cupcakes or whatever was baked that day. My husband has had a great time thinking up what his rotating menu would be like: Sunday scones, Monday muffins, and of course, cookies everyday.
In order to make this dream a reality I think there a couple of things I need to do:
1.     Think of an awesome name
2.     Learn how to run a business
Now, I’m not planning to do this anytime in the near future. I like my job and plan to keep at it. I think of this as my post burn-out career. So, I have some time to figure things out, which is good because I think it will take me a while to think of a name that’s awesome enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment